7.02.2006

A post about bikes in China







A Post about Bikes

for my Dad, who asked.






Most of the bikes in China look something like this one, which is why I photographed it as an example. Note the bike's (1) outdated style, (2) general rustiness, (3) all-important kickstand, (4) basket on the front, (5) rack on the back which can be piled high (some, myself included, might say impossibly high) with stuff, or which can be a seat for the bike-rider's compatriot, which I did, although I almost died, like, eighteen times. SCARY!!








This is an example of the hook-on trailer-like-things which are everywhere on bikes in China...






















...and this is a picture of one of these carts loaded up, coming and going down the road. I've seen bikes more heavily loaded than this one, as well, but this was the one I saw the day I had my camera with me. Crazy, no? I could never do this.