6.05.2006

Lists!


Okay, everybody loves lists. By everybody, I probably mostly only mean me, but since this is my blog, I think that's fair. This post contains a bunch of boring lists, because people like me get a thrill out of making these lists so we can cross each neat little line off and feel good about our day. So, without further ado: lists!

Things to buy (here):
  • luggage (at Macy's, on sale. going tomorrow.)
  • Immodium AD (at CVS. ewwww I dread the future.)
  • acidopholous (probably also at CVS. ditto on the above comment.)
  • Traveler's Checks (at the bank. probably also tomorrow.)
  • memory card for my camera (best buy?)
Things to buy (in China):
  • alarm clock
  • notebooks
  • cell phone
  • ice cube tray
  • calling card
Words that I definitely, totally, emphatically and most decidedly need to know before boarding the plane on Tuesday:
  • hu4 zhao4 (passport)
  • qian1 zheng4 (visa)
  • bei1 (north)
  • nan2 (south)
  • dong1 (east)
  • xi1 (west)
  • da3 di1 (to take a cab)
  • da3 biao3 (turn on the meter, in a cab -- something I need to make sure the cab driver does so he doesn't rip me off)
  • chi1 su4 (vegetarian)
  • kai1 shui3 (boiled water -- the only kind of water I'm supposed to drink)
  • luu3 xing2 zhi1 piao4 (Traveler's Checks)
  • zi4 dong4 qu3 kuan3 ji1 (ATM)
  • shou3 ji1 (cell phone)
  • guo2 ji4 chang2 tu2 (international long distance)
  • dian4 hua4 ka3 (calling card)
Also:
  • The address to tell the cab driver (when I leave Sara's and go to HBA!):
Bei3jing1 Yu3yan2 Da4xue2
Bei3jing1shi4 Hai3dian Qu1
Xue2yuan3 Lu4, Shi2wu3 hao3
(Wu3 dao4 kou3)
  • It's kind of a lot to remember, but I'll have it memorized before I get there... I hope.
That might be enough listing for now. Haha, this has got to be the most boring post in the history of Blogspot.

P.S. Kevin, I miss you!!
This is sort of like a picture of us, if we had been born a couple of millenia earlier than the stellar year of 1985:
I love you! Stay safe!!!